Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Past Week

Well, the past week Beau and I have spent a lot of time together at the house. We have taken lots of walks and even a few car rides. I do not like being cooped up in the house all the time, so normally we have play dates with friends, but this week I realized that Beau had hand, foot, and mouth disease. It actually sounds worse that it really is. The little man had blisters on his hands, feet, and in and around his mouth. I noticed on Monday that he was not eating well, which is odd for him. We ate lunch with Rodney at Zoe's and Beau fed almost all his food to the pigeons. I thought he was just being silly. The pigeons then all swarmed to our table. They were everywhere! Anyway, on Wednesday, Beau's rash showed up and then it made sense why he had not been eating. The nurse said to give him ice cream, juice, popsicles, etc. So, Beau has been enjoying a popsicle at almost every meal since Wednesday. His rash is clearing up and today he actually ate a little turkey, so I am hoping he is on the way to recovery! Hopefully next week we will be able to visit our friends who had babies last week!

Eating a popsicle for breakfast! The oatmeal he normally eats hurt his mouth when he was sick
When I was cleaning Beau's room trying to get rid of the sick germs, I looked up and saw Beau climbing in his closet.

0 comments: