Friday, April 3, 2009

The Past Week

The past week started off a little rocky with a trip to the ER last Friday. I was cooking lunch for Beau and I and he pulled a palm tree magnet off the fridge to show me. I quickly realized it was missing the black magnet that went on the back. I asked Beau where it was and he pointed to his mouth. I looked everwhere for it and could not find it anywhere. So, off to the ER we went. (This makes our 4th trip in his 21 month life!....I keep waiting for DHR to come knocking on my door to make me go to childcare classes) Anyway, he was a little nervous about the ER and unhappy that he could not eat or drink. They did an X-ray which he was really unhappy about and it ended up normal. So, off to the house we went. I put him down for a nap and continued my search for the magnet. It was eventually found waaaaayyyyyyyy under the fridge. I am not sure how he could have even pushed it back that far. Oh well...we were very glad he did not eat it because he would have had to undergo surgery to remove it.


This is the only picture I have of our ER experience...notice the grip Beau has on Rodney's hand!

Then, Rodney went out of town for work. He was only gone 1 night. I have never seen Beau so upset before! He kept crying "DaDa!" and then saying "Right Back" because when Daddy goes to work we say how he will be "right back" after Beau's afternoon nap is over. Beau refused to sleep for much of the night that Rodney was gone, but was sooooooooo happy to see Rodney when he got home. (I was too!) I really think Beau thought Rodney had left us....I am praying for no more overnight work adventures for him in the near future!


Beau got to eat a jello pudding while Rodney was gone.....you can tell he really enjoyed it!

Once Beau finally went to sleep and got over screaming "DaDa!" "Right Back", this is what he looked like when he woke up....Check out the curls in the hair!




The week did pick up and go more smoothly...

Playing outside

Playing with a baby...Beau loves babies! He loves to rock our friend's babies, give them toys, hug them, etc. It is too cute!

Playing with a friend at art small group



"Cleaning" the side porch to wash the pollen off of it (Rodney had to step in to help and Beau turned the hose on him and soaked him too!)

Playing on our bed after bath time

Eating ice out of a Moe's cup....he LOVES to do this, but only out of this particular cup


Beau has started to actually watch a little TV which is great for me! I do not want him to watch TV all day, but he will sit and watch "The Wiggles" DVD for 20-30 minutes. Here is a picture of him....I had to pull him back because he was so close to the TV!

0 comments: