Wednesday, March 17, 2010

How to Get Through Another Cold, March Morning

Well, I thought since March was here, we would be able to get out and play at parks, playgrounds, and in the yard a lot. I was soooo wrong! We have played outside maybe 5 times in the past several months because it has been a crazy winter here. So, this morning, Beau woke up early, after going to bed late (Rodney had a meeting and Beau was trying to "wait up" to see Daddy come home!), I knew that I had to make today fun if the little man and I were going to survive it. :o)

So, I realized it was St. Patrick's Day...mainly thanks to Rodney who wore a green shirt to work....and remembered that when I taught school St.Patrick's Day was my favorite holiday to celebrate at school (except Valentine's Day because Teachers rack up on candy on V-Day!). So, for breakfast Beau had strawberry yogurt with some green food coloring, YUM! Then, we painted with shamrock cookie cutters, our fingers,and a paintbrush or two. We even had green applesauce with lunch! Those few activities (plus a friend coming over to play at lunch) allowed us to survive another yucky, cold, spring day in the King household. Warm Weather ( 60 plus degrees with sunshine) can not get here soon enough!!!!!

A little green yogurt to start the day!

Painting with a shamrock cookie cutter
Check out the face! He said the paint felt "Yucky!"

The final Masterpieces:

1 comments:

Amanda said...

How fun! Very creative, Mary Ann! I found your blog through Michelle's. We are SO ready for warmer weather to get here too!