Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Critter Club at the Zoo

This past Tuesday, Beau went to his first "Critter Club" class at the Birmingham Zoo. It is an hour long class once a week for 3-5 year olds. I liked it because the parents don't have to stay with the kids (looking at animals is not my most favorite thing to do), and Beau has really been wanting to go to the zoo and see snakes....seriously....this will never happen with me...they are one of my biggest fears ever! So, Tuesday they learned about tortoises and turtles. Beau got to color a turtle picture, make a turtle craft, and go see "Greg" the turtle at the reptile house. (I am not sure I could even step into the reptile house without having a slight panic attack that we were in the same building with the snakes, so I am so thankful for his tour guide/teacher "Grammy"). Then, he got to ride the train. He was soooo excited when I went back to get him and he could not wait to tell Rodney and I every thing he learned about turtles and tortoises!
So hot after walking around the zoo, but still holding his turtle craft!

0 comments: