Saturday, November 29, 2008

Ready for the game!

Rodney got to go to the Auburn Alabama game this year with his Dad. So, Beau and I spent the day together! We went and played with James before the game. James had on his Alabama colors and Beau had on his Auburn colors.

James and Beau playing in James' car. Notice James in his red and Beau in his orange!They were too cute!

Beau is ready for the game in his Auburn shirt and tiger shorts! (He is actually ready for a nap, but will be dressed right even for his nap)

No matter how the game turns out, our family will always love Auburn. Probably because the game is close to Thanskgiving, it makes me miss my grandfather, "Bo", who we named our son after. He had many accomplishments in the sporting world in his life, but they all started with his time playing at Auburn. I found this picture online (we have lots of pictures of my grandparents, but none that are uploaded on our computer)of my grandfather and I thought I would share it on Beau's blog today.

This is the cover of a matchbook that is being sold on ebay. Too funny! I guess someone in my family should buy it!

We hope one day Beau will be great at sports like both his great grandfathers (Rodney's played baseball and mine played football and golf). However, I do not know if I really want to see someone tackle my child. I often joke with Rodney that I would jump out of the stands and tackle them! Maybe Beau will end up being a track star (a great non-contact sport) like his Dad. :o)

0 comments: