Tuesday, July 20, 2010

One house down!

We have a buyer for our Homewood House! We close in less than 2 weeks because it is an all cash offer and that moves more quickly than getting financing, etc. for a home. Rodney and I are so excited....we are overwhelmed with how good and faithful God has been to us during this process. We will have so much more "family time" without having an extra yard to take care of and extra home to do maintenance on. I am so thrilled!

We moved to Homewood so I could quit work and be a stay at home Mom to our sweet Beau. There have been many days since the day we bought the Homewood house that I questioned my decision to quit work...not because Beau was hard to take care of (even though somedays are harder than others!), but because so many obstacles were thrown in our way once we made this decision....I could go on and on! But, we put the Homewood house up for sale when Rodney felt like the Lord told him that my Mom should live with us...we could help her and she could help us. It has been a really good thing (looking back after almost 1 year of living together). We found a house that will fit all of us for a very long time, in a good school system, and still pretty close to Rodney's office. We made an offer...they accepted it and we will move in sometime in September. To make this move, we had to have our Homewood house sold or rented. It has been for sale for almost 2 years with no offers...talk about frustrating!! We put it for rent (after much prayer and many conversations). We had a TON of people interested in renting it...such a blessing. Rodney showed it to some brothers, and one of them is in a band. They were super interested, but I was not so interested in them. Really...who wants to rent their house to kids right out of college and especially one in a band? I had made my mind up...it was a NO! Well, the Lord is hilarious sometimes...The brother's band is "Rush of Fools"...a well known Christian band, and the parents decided to just go ahead and buy the house for their boys to live in. I mean....hilarious! Rodney told me this news Saturday and I could not stop crying...I could not believe this was really happening, and was so overwhelmed with how much our Heavenly Father has carried us through these past 2 years.
I am reminded of a quote I came across in August(almost 1 year ago) that said "Stand still and wait on God, for He has known the solution to your problem before it came into existence." I am so thankful that the we are able to bless this family with our house and they are blessing us with taking a huge financial strain off our shoulders. God is so good and faithful...even if it does take much longer and is much harder than we imagined.

0 comments: