Friday, June 6, 2008

Happy Anniversary to Us!

Rodney and I enjoyed a nice anniversary date on June 5th at Bottega Restaurant downtown.


Many of you reading this that know us well, are probably thinking "Why would they go there? They are such picky eaters!" And, you would be correct! I wanted to go somewhere nice because we used to take an anniversary trip every year before we had Beau and we would eat at a restaurant that we would not typically go to. Last year, I was about to bust with Beau on his way just 4 days after our anniversary, so we had Moe's. I love Moe's, but wanted something different this year. So, Rodney and I went to dinner while Papa C and Nonna watched Beau. When we sat down, I looked at the menu and knew that I wanted grouper. Well, so did Rodney, and we did not want to be nerds and order the same thing. We debated over what else to get, and Rodney let me get grouper (what a great husband!) and he got Lobster risotto. He wanted to try risotto because he had heard about it watching Hell's Kitchen(we have watched it for the past 3 seasons, and Rodney has always asked me what Risotto was because they serve it on every episode). Anyway, we ordered an appetizer that I did not know how to eat, I thought it was olives, and bit into one, and it was hard in the middle, but it was still tasty. So, our waiter was super nice to us and came back to check on us very often. I think he could tell we had no idea what we were doing! He was concerned because I did not eat all of my meal (rarely can I ever finish an appetizer, bread, and full meal), and he told me he would be happy to order something else for me to eat. Too funny!

We had a wonderful 4th anniversary date. We had time to enjoy each other, have a nice conversation and reminisce about our honeymoon. We were able to look back at all of the changes from this time last year and still be glad that we are married to each other! Rodney gave me a card that said the past 4 years have been the best years of his life. I would have to agree that the past 4 years have also been the best years of my life!

0 comments: