Monday, June 2, 2008

School's Out!

Praise the Lord!!! School is out for a while for me....May last day was May 23rd. I said goodbye to my class of 5th graders a few days before that when they "graduated." My colleagues had a good bye breakfast for me and another teacher who was also leaving. I packed up my classroom and turned in my key to my principal. Driving home, I had mixed emotions....I thought I would be overjoyed to finally be a stay at home mom. Instead, I panicked. Who will Beau and I hang out with? What will we do with our days? Will I ever see my work friends again? After some prayer and an attitude adjustment, I realized that my dream was to be a stay at home mom. The Lord answered my prayer and I did not need to fear the unknown.

So,Beau and I had a great first week of the summer together! We played with family on Memorial Day, played with friends at the park and at the pool, ate lunch with daddy, and went to Target (our favorite place to go!).

I am so thankful for this next phase of my life and want to enjoy every minute of it! Here are a few pictures of our week:
Eating chicken
Trying to get my chicken with my fork Wearing Dad's hat and waving "bye-bye"
Beau loves to crawl to his diaper bag and get out whatever snack is in it..on this day he had puffs



Beau and Aunt Betty

1 comments:

The Latham Family said...

Yeah for no more school! I am so excited for your family now that you get to stay home! (Plus, selfishly, I hope we get to see more of you, too!)