Monday, June 30, 2008

A Week at the Beach


We just got back from a week at the beach with my family. Every year for my entire life, my family has gone to the beach for a week to spend time together. Last year we did not go because Beau was 2 weeks old and we didn't think he could handle the trip. This year was his first big long car ride to the beach. (it is only 4 1/2-5 hours, but that is a long time for the little man). Rodney and I left last weekend at night time, thinking Beau would sleep the whole way there. We were sooooo wrong. Beau woke up somewhere around Troy and screamed from Troy to Elba (approximately 2 hours)!! Rodney and I tried feeding him, sitting in the back with him, pulling over and buying paci's (which he no longer uses, but we thought it would calm him down). Nothing worked! He finally fell back asleep and even then he wimpered in his sleep. Not a fun way to start the vacation!!

However, the rest of our vacation was great!! Beau LOVED spending a week with my family. We rented a house with my Mom and Dad and he would say "hey" to them every morning. He would walk or crawl to where they were to make sure they were awake! We played in the pool, at the beach, and at our beach house and the rest of my family's beach house. Beau loved all the attention he got from my aunts, uncles, and cousins. He got to have his cousins Jenna and Blake spend the night too. We realized that Beau had no fear of the sand or the water. He tried numerous times to eat the sand and to crawl into the ocean. We drove back at night again and this time, Beau slept the whole time! Praise the Lord!! I don't think Rodney and I could have endured another melt down for 2 hours.

Here are a few pictures of our week:




At the pool with Aunt Betsy and Cousin Jenna

Showing his book to Grandpa Tom

Going for a wagon ride to the pool

Eating Sand





Eating at our favorite restaurant and checking out the boats



After dinner with cousin Blake

Chasing bubbles at the Kick Off Summer Carnival

1 comments:

annieck said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun!!!
I can imagine it was kind of stressful on the way down. That's a long way to have an upset baby! What a blessing that he slept all the way home, though. Yea!